Monday, January 30, 2006

"...confidence in dad is rising high."

Stolen from woe who stole it from Spider:

Here are the rules:
1. Grab the nearest book
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences (#5,6,7) on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it. Just grab what is closest. No cheating.



Family confidence in dad is rising high. The good old days will soon be
back, they think. Sometimes they demand that dad bring them back
instantly!

I’m at work, so the closest book other than a dictionary is the book Alcoholics Anonymous, known among us drunks as the Big Book, a small copy of which I always carry in my backpack. Of course the chapter from which it comes, entitled “The Family Afterward,” refers to after dad gets sober.

When I first got into AA I found it a bit off-putting that some of the writing in the Big Book sounded so dated. (Gee whiz, now moms can be drunks too!! But it was written in the 1930's). Now I find it kind of charming and just read for the message.

Anyway, I'm not sure family confidence in this dad is rising high, but I hope it's slowly improving. And I really hope that's warranted.

Bye

1 comment:

Anthony said...

Just today I have admitted that it is probably a book I should reading reading. Thank You for sharing