Friday, June 02, 2006

Trying

Recently I've felt disconnected from my blog and from the blog world (along with other parts of my life). I'm not sure why, but I think it's a result of an extended trip to a different hemisphere combined with a reduced commitment to working my AA program, a very hectic work schedule and some sub-optimal mental and emotional states since returning.

Regardless of the reason, I want you to know that although I've not found (made?) time to thoroughly catch up on each of your blogs and I have not posted to my blog with the consistency or quality I would like, I really would like to catch up on everyone's life and give back a little of the inspiration and thoughtfulness you so freely give me. The willingness is there. Perhaps the action will follow. And for what it's worth, even when I'm not reading, commenting and posting, you are in my thoughts each day.

****************************************

I hate/love it when someone holds an unfrosted mirror up right in front of my face.
In a recent comment on my blog RJ said, "You just got to own up to who you are and stop making excuses for yourself. It's tired and dated and unfair to your partner."

Now that's the unvarnished truth if I ever heard it, and I've already been inspired by it. Thanks RJ.

******************************

I continue on my 90 meetings in 90 days effort along with calling my sponsor every day. It has really helped me begin a return to that peaceful place of gratitude, humility and surrender.

******************************

A few new faces have popped up from the grass to leave comments. I really appreciate everyone who takes the time to read the crap I write. And if you're still hiding in the grass, I hope you know I appreciate the fact that you're there. And maybe someday you'll want to pop up and shout something out. But it's fine if you don't. All are welcome.

CheersNA,

Flip

4 comments:

Cymber said...

Aww....It's not crap, Flip. There's something of substance in everything you write, and even if I don't leave comments to every post, I'm still moved by them all. Hang in there. You're always in my thoughts.

john said...

I think everyone gets writer's block every now and then.

john said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brad said...

Mo' Flip,

I've wanted to comment at your last post, but I still have nothing meaningful to say.

It seemed more of a proclamation for yourself than a quest for advice or intuition.

You cannot believe that what you write is substandard.

Because, I read and re-read every word that you write.

I simply won't allow you to feel badly about yourself or your blog.

Brad, still your "Temp Flip" of the emeritus sort.