Sunday, February 25, 2007

There Are No Crossroads On A Mobius Strip

Today, and for a few todays in a row, life has been different.

Peace and serenity the norm. Disturbance the abnorm. Different from the not so distant past. I'm enjoying it today. On the advice of my sponsor I'm not thinking about how long it might last or what might happen if it goes away.

Wondering about this blog. What to do about it? So many posts reminding of today's adnorm. Blow it away? Archive it? Just disappear? Reinvent it - a new blog with a new mission?

Today, the remembrance that the name was not random. It looks like it has two sides, but it doesn't. It's all the same surface. The same person. Even when it looks (like) Flip(ed) it isn't. It's me. The same me. Very different. The same.

Maybe I can get used to writing about different things. Other sides of the same surface. The desires: to do something different, to divest myself of stuff, to make a difference if there's a difference I can make. The experiences and people: family, coworkers, you, service work, returning urges.

The desire to be an instrument of God's peace even if I don't know much about God. To improve my conscious contact with God, and love, and you. All of you - there and not there.

Maybe.


We'll see.

Peace and love to you all.

Flip

5 comments:

Paul said...

I (somewhat) know where you've been ... I'd love to see where you're heading. I've enjoyed getting to know you.

Whatever you write about, it's always full of wit, wisdom and a bit of candor.

Just don't shut it down!

bear said...

I've come to accepted (begrudgingly) the fact that lots of people just like to shut down at some point...

Though, I do think you should do what you think is right for you.
"If you love something...set it free" right?! :)

Anthony said...

Like the Mobius Band I am intrigued by you Flip. I look forward to seeing where your writing will go.

Love
woe

Spider said...

As you change Flip, so changes your blog... as my dearest buddy Woe says - I look forward to where you will go... for it is always an adventure that I learn from!

Nate said...

The others have said it well. Let it go where it may and if that means a post a day or a post a month, a post about service, or music, or anything else, it is okay.

It is yours to do with as you please. And we will still be here for you.