Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Big Guy Speaks

I got an e-mail from Flip yesterday, and with his permission I'm sharing it here with you.

Hi, Brad.

Can't use the computer now. Gmail forwarded here so I can check on the cell. Hope all is well with the porch. Thanks again for taking care of it. I really miss you guys. Feeling out of place here among all the normal people. Really wish I could numb myself for a little while, but know its not worth it. Just tired of being me and having a little pity party to celebrate. Well, thanks for listening.

Flip

He sent a follow up e-mail giving me permission to use this one. He also mentioned to only continue doing the posts here if I was having fun.

He has his comments set up so they go to his e-mail and he's seeing the responses to my posts, I assume.

I have a friend here in Memphis that reads my blog and has been checking on what I write over here at Flip's blog as well. I ran into him last night and he asked me if I was okay, because I'm writing about this Dad stuff. (I asked him if he had ever read any of this blog, and other than my posts, he has not.) Trust me, bud, it's a context sort of thing.

I think I do have a unique perspective to lend to this particular blog, being the son of a gay dad. Flip has been telling one side of the story and I've just been giving my thoughts on the other side. It would really be a shame not to include that here while I have the opportunity.

That said, in my first post I did hint that I wouldn't write about this subject to the point of ad nauseam.

We really are going to have some fun over here as Flip suggests. That I promise.

Thanks for the concern guys. It's good to have friends. But, really, I'm fine. This is stuff that clutters my mind on a daily basis, anyway. Putting it to words doesn't change that fact and is not a big deal.

Keep in mind, when you're posting comments here, Flip will read them. Judging from his e-mail he might could use some well-wishes in his travels.

Everyone, be safe, be well and be loved.

Brad, your "Temp Flip"

4 comments:

jetboy747 said...

Hey Brad...nice job.

Flip! You take care of yourself. Travel safe. And if you ever need some moronic stupidity, you know where I am.

Anonymous said...

Hi all. Things are going well. Just kind of had a low point the other day.

Take care.

F

Brad said...

Hmmm... Having a low point were you Flip?

That's completely unnatural.

For Superman.

(This is where you recognize that you are a mere mortal and that we all have these thoughts and feelings.)

Love ya, bud.

T.F.

Spider said...

Brad - you have been an EXCELLENT stand-in Flip - it is kinda like the old Johnny Carson show, I LOVED Johnny, but every once in awhile, I liked to see Joan Rivers stand in...

I guess you are my Joan Rivers Brad... and YES, that is a complement...