Thursday, May 18, 2006

19 Feelings

Blocked.

  1. Optimistic: Recently vacationed with wife. Best time we’ve had in years. Made me SO glad we did not split up.
  2. Ashamed: Even more recently “played” twice
  3. Optimistic / apathetically alarmed: Feeling less guilty than after some previous encounters
  4. (Not) ashamed (enough): Possibly planning to “play” again this week.
  5. Familiarly distracted: Desirous of almost every living human male observed under the age of 50. OK, 60.
  6. Unfamiliarly distracted and (quite) puzzled: Recent noticing of / attraction to a few randomly observed women. Yes, I said women…what’s that all about?
  7. Frustrated: Running into same brick walls at work. Regretting career choices
  8. Depressed: 1 + (2 through 5)
  9. Uncomfortable: Can’t manage to concoct a coherent, meaningful post.
  10. Puzzled / uncomfortable / alarmed: Occasionally wishing to avoid rigorous honesty when imagining posts - specifically as related to 2 through 5, 18.
  11. Exhausted: Jet lag + crazy work schedule + 7
  12. Inadequate: 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
  13. Lonely / sadly resigned: Remembering that there is no perfect solution.
  14. Lonely / frightened: No time / energy to catch up with blogs / bloggers.
  15. Frightened, but not enough: Attended an AA meeting once in past four weeks. Talked to sponsor zero.
  16. Self-Unimpressed: 1 + (2 through15), 17,18.
  17. Bemused: Recent online / phone conversations with extreme myopia fetishist attracted to Flip's Coke bottle glasses (not making this up).
  18. Depressed / titillated: Recent conversations / interactions(!) with potential married sub slave.
  19. Pessimistic: 2 through 16, 17 kind of, 18

Cleared.

Flip

4 comments:

Spider said...

Honesty is good for the soul... and you certainly are being honest - with us and yourself...and that is a good thing.

Brad said...

I'm really exhausted after an extremely long day, (not at work, but volunteering) 8am to 1:30 am.

Had to check in with you, though.

Hoping you'll forgive my shorthand.

2. Really not surprised.
5. Hey, me too, sometimes.
6. WTF? Hell, Flip, I'm puzzled as well!
7. Tell me about it!
8. Overall, that is me of late. (Not for the same reasons, of course, but identifiable.)
9. Yep.
14. Not having too much trouble catching up with others blogs, just posting at my own. (I've told you before that I feel I'm a far better commenter than a poster.)
15. That is not a good thing for the space you're in, and I don't have to tell you that. You know.
17. Really? That's a fetish I've never heard of.
20. Overall, I'm pessimistic of late. Blecch. It's so not like me.

Charlie Rich sang a song called "Peace on You". By the lyrics, it sounds as simple as getting a stain on your clothes, or getting unexpected food on your face.

Hopefully Flip, peace will be that simple for you.

Brad, your turning Flip's post into something entirely about himself, "Temp Flip, Emeritus".

A Troll At Sea said...

Yo, Flip.
Note to self:
Ease up on self.
Love neighbor AS self implies some sort of care for self, no?

Hang in there.
yr
Troll

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»