Tuesday, January 23, 2007

HBD MF

One year ago today I first posted. I'd been lurking and considering blogging for a long time and was finally moved to take the plunge by a very "safe" meme posted by Secret Simon. By the way, I continue to be inspired by Simon/Alden both in the area of creativity and in how to live a heroic life. Since I first began lurking and then started blogging I have "met" and been inspired by so many. Thanks to you all and to Flip for helping me (continue to) grow up.

Speaking of meeting, I had the pleasure of meeting in person Cymber (of Are You KIDDING Me With This??? fame), Oscar and Turtle for breakfast on Saturday. What a delightful time. They are the kind of folks that you instantly feel as though you have known your whole life. The love that Cymber and Oscar radiate for each other and for Turtle is a beautiful thing. And Turtle really is the cutest and smartest (boy) kid I have ever met (safe statement since my two are both girls). I really appreciated the fact that they took time out of their weekend to drive over and meet me and hope I can return the favor sometime soon.

Moving right along...I am so grateful to report that for the past month or so I've been able to de-emphasize the gay/bi/queer thing and add more balance to my life. For me, this is truly a benefit of having the program of Alcoholics Anonymous to use as a blueprint for my life. Although I'm not on Step 12, it encourages us to try to "...practice these principles in all our affairs." That's a tall order, but my humble attempts seem to be paying off. Now don't get me wrong, I fully expect TGBQT to return full force at some time in the near and distant future, but for now I'm just enjoying the peace and trying to build strength for when the gremlins do return.

As for this blog, my current state of mind has caused it to drift away from what might be considered its "category" (mixed up middle-aged gay/bi/queer guys who are married with a little AA added for sanity???). I'm really not sure where it's headed and it probably doesn't need a category. For now I'll just keep posting as the spirit moves me but may try to post more about other things going on in my life that are not directly related to TQT or AA. I'm open to any suggestions anyone might regarding changes, etc.

Most of all, thanks to all of you for being there and for inspiring me. What a gift!

I love you all just the way you are,

K

6 comments:

Cymber said...

Awww...you are so sweet! The feeling is mutual. Although the next time we get together for breakfast, I'm going to make you eat my sausage. (Hmmm. Could I make that sound any dirtier if I tried? Probably not. I'm going to quit while I'm ahead.)

Brad said...

You know that has been a great pleasure in life to "meet" you here and get to know you well enough to call you a friend.

Keep doing whatever you'd like here. I'll keep reading and continue being inspired.

HBD MF, indeed.

Paul said...

First, I thank Alden for introducing us. Then, I thank you for sharing. Reflecting on T.R. Knight's recent comment -- I don't believe that TQT is the only interesting part of Flip. I'd welcome the opportunity to know more.

Nate said...

Hey, just go where it takes you, when it takes you. I know I struggle with not having the blog be the proverbial tail that wags the dog.

Spider said...

You know Flip - the pleasure has been ALL OURS! Everyone of us who reads you are richer and wiser for doing so... Thank YOU for everything my friend!

Alden said...

How about we forget the categories and just post silly things like videos about poop. :P